Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Movies Based On Books

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Books being turned into movies is nothing new. Every year movies come out that are based on hit books. However a lot of then are complete flops. Some are just plain okay while others are complete embarrassments.
 
 
 
Image result for vampire academy movie
 
Where to begin. I HATED this movie. No exaggeration. This movie was so bad. I couldn't understand how Rachel Mead signed off on it. The Vampire Academy book series was really good. So when I heard that a movie was being made I was really excited. I was so disappointed. The script was awful as well as the acting. The movie seemed to be a cheesy teen movie. I had to stop myself from walking out of the theatre. It was that bad. The book series had some strong and interesting characters. In the movie they were complete jokes. If the actors in the movie are actually good I wouldn't know from this movie. Honestly Twilight was a million times better than this move and that's saying something.
 
 
 
Image result for harry potter movies
 
While the movies were not exactly like the books and did leave some things out, they were still amazing. The movies followed pretty closely to the books. The actors in the movies really brought the characters to life. Even though some things didn't make it into the movies, I believe they stuck very closely to the books. These movies are my favorite.
 
Image result for i am number four movie
 
 
I Am Number Four is one of those movies that was just okay. I didn't think it was bad, but it was nothing compared to the books. It was a movie that had potential to be really good but it just couldn't get there.
 
 
 
City Of Bones was a really good book. However the acting in the movie really just wasn't up to par as far as I'm concerned. There were a lot of things that went on the movie that really were covered in the book. The chemistry between the main characters just was not believable.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Image result for gone girl movie
 
 
I love all the books by Gillian Flynn. Gone Girl was one of the books that grabs your attention and really sticks with you. I thought the movie was well written and the actors portrayal of the characters was spot on.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment