Friday, September 11, 2015

E-Reader Or Paper Books?

 
 
 
 
 
For years I was anti e-reader. I am one of those readers who enjoys the feel of a book in my hand. I love walking into a book store and breathing in the smell of new books. Yes, I did say I enjoy the smell of new books. One of my many weird quirks. Seeing shelves filled with books makes me happy and I love building my collection.However a few years ago I became curious about e-readers, My room was stuffed full of books. Over the years I have donated so many books because I've acquired so many. E-readers take up so much less room! Currently I own an e-reader but I also reader paper books. I like that sometimes the books on the e-readers are a bit cheaper than paper books. As much as I love to read I don't want to pay over twenty dollars for a hard cover book.
 
 
 
 
There has been studies that say when you read on a e-reader you absorb less. Im not sure if this is true or not. Perhaps when you read on a screen you are more likely to skim read.
 
Pros of an e-reader
 
Portable
Cheaper books
Take up less space
Easy to search new books
Also a tablet
 
Cons of an e-reader
 
Harder to lend people books
Electronics can be unreliable
More expensive to replace
 
For some, regular books will always be their preference. I love both, but I absolutley love the convience of the e-reader. If I finish a book there are many more at my fingertips. If I go to an appointment I always take my e-reader since it usually takes awhile. Regardless both kinds of books are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment